High-Conflict Couples exhaust themselves and, eventually, the relationship.
- Just want to keep the conflict going, any conflict.
- Blames, shames and/or judges…and then justifies his/her own behaviors by making it their partner’s fault.
- Is always seeing the downside potential in everything.
- Holds on to ideas and approaches that don’t work but they don’t change.
- Seems to have difficulty empathizing with anyone.
- Manipulates facts into emotional conclusions s/he thinks are facts
- Is sure that any problem was not caused by him or her….ever!
- Don’t think there is a problem with them and therefore do not need any professional help.
These very real fears play out in repeated patterns, particularly when the couple is arguing–which they do a lot! Whatever they are arguing about is likely not life or death, but the engagement in the fight for anything seems like it is. People living from these fears feel as though they are fighting for their lives, even when the argument is about where to have dinner! You need relationship help right now.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO IMPROVE YOUR RELATIONSHIP?
Get the insights, skills, strategies, solutions and support you need right now from Dr. Rhoberta Shaler, The Relationship Help Doctor.
Get the relationship help you need immediately because it is not going to get any better without that!
If you have a #Hijackal in your life, or think you might have, get my free ebook, How To Spot A Hijackal, at Hijackals.com Need help to know your next best steps? If you would like more help, subscribe to my Tips for Relationships, and listen to my Podcasts. Start with an introductory session. Talk soon!
Disclaimer: All advice, insights and suggestions made here are not to be construed as psychological or legal advice. Any actions you undertake as a result of reading any article, book, video, ebook or blog post from Rhoberta Shaler, PhD, are entirely your own. Having worked with individuals and couples for more than twenty-five years, she offers her insights and opinions for your consideration only.