It can be such a rollercoaster! Whether you’re thinking about leaving, or have left, you can run between grief and relief. Knowing how to think it through and work it through makes the journey back to healthy living more possible. Yes, you may be all over the place, AND it’s OK. Use these insights and strategies to make it through.
Leaving an abusive relationship, healing begins once you’ve left. Recovery takes much longer.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS EPISODE:
- What “Complicated Grief” is
- Fears you may have before or after leaving an emotionally abusive relationship
- Insights into what causes the guilt of leaving
- Why you may not allow yourself to feel relieved after leaving
- Ways to think about leaving to reduce the grief and enjoy the relief
I’m here to help. Let’s talk soon.
Other related episodes you may find helpful: