Are you caught in a cycle of toxic shame? You need to know so you can step aside and make healthy decisions to feel clear, free, and safe.
Shame is a painful emotion caused by recognizing guilt, shortcomings or impropriety, and the basis for narcissistic, over-nurturing, and needy behaviors. SO important to recognize these to understand the dynamics and how you may be caught by the cycle of shame in toxic relationships with partners and parents.
HIGHLIGHTS OF TODAY'S EPISODE:
- What happens when you were shamed as a child
- Early choices you make in response to being shamed
- How shame affects your attachment style in adult relationships
- Two responses to deep shame...poles apart
- The difference between shame and guilt
- Who will be attracted to #narcissists and other #Hijackals
- Who #narcissists and other #hijackals are attracted to and why
- Projection: how it works in the shame cycle
Things happen when you're little and you don't realize what's becoming part of you. Being shamed at an early age by the people who were supposed to protect you makes a huge impact on you!
#Narcissists take shape then, and so do many people who are attracted to them--or at least, taken in by them.
This is NEED-TO-KNOW information. It can help you understand decisions you need to make that will change the quality of your life.
I WANT TO HELP YOU FIGURE OUT WHAT'S GOING ON AND WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT!
If you want to learn more, share, ask questions, and feel more powerful within yourself and your relationships. Join my Support Circles now.
Off social media, safe discussion + videos + articles + webinars + personal home study program + group Saturday Support Calls with me.
WOW! Join now. Dr. Shaler's Relationship Help Circles. Save $24 on your first three months. Safely off social media.