See these signs of verbal abuse to stop them now.
You might give someone the benefit of the doubt too often. You may be on the receiving end of verbal abuse AND it's important to be clear about it.
Verbal abuse is bullying to win. It's unacceptable. Recognize the many faces of verbal abuse now!
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS EPISODE:
- A clear definition of verbal abuse
- Why verbal abuse equals personal attack
- The differences between a "normal" argument and verbal abuse
- The many faces of verbal abuse
- How verbal abuse is the gateway to emotional abuse, physical abuse, sexual abuse, and spiritual abuse
- The importance of recognizing the forms of verbal abuse
According to USLegal.com, verbal abuse is
"words used to cause harm to the person being spoken to."
It's all about the intent to cause harm: verbal, emotional harm. That can include shouting, insulting, intimidating, threatening, shaming, and demeaning. Do any of those sound familiar?
Lean in and learn all the many ways that verbal abuse shows up. You may have slowly grown accustomed to it, and that's what needs changing now. See verbal abuse for what it is: a gateway to other forms of abuse.
It may be time to accept that you are being verbally abused, and that needs to stop.
Let's talk if you need to: BeAClient.com I'll help you with strategies.