Are you with someone who plays the victim while dancing on your last nerve? Have you been too willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for too long? Are you second-guessing yourself and believing them? Don't want to make a mistake? Listen in!
It's SO "sticky" to be with a covert narcissist, a #Hijackal! By "sticky" I mean that you think they're doing something but you're not sure. You hate what they're doing but you can't quite put your finger on it. You don't feel safe around them but they play on your empathy and you end up reassuring them. Sound familiar?
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS EPISODE:
- the differences between overt narcissists and cover narcissists
- why you might second-guess yourself for a long time when dealing with a covert #Hijackal
- how covert narcissists manipulate you in different ways than overt, arrogant, cock #Hijackals
- noticing how covert narcissists pretend to be a victim of your behavior
- what's up with the passive-aggressive procrastination
- definite things to do first once you realize you're dealing with a #covertnarcissist
You may be with a covert narcissist! By now, if you've been listening to my podcast, you know that I don't advocate being an amateur psychologist and diagnosing someone. So, let's call them Covert Hijackals! Same sneaky, play-on-your-heartstrings (and your last nerve) stuff! Very sticky!
Today I'm giving you SO many clues to help you identify what's really going on in your relationship. Unpack the truth, and get on your own team. You're being played by someone who is appealing to the very best qualities in you. Very confusing! I can help. BeAClient.com