You know things are "off" and you're second-guessing yourself. It's likely you're experiencing what we call ambient or stealth abuse. Today, I'll help you put your finger on it and a name to it so you can make new decisions!
You never feel safe. You're always wondering when you'll be the victim of something sneaky, nasty, or blatantly wrong. You can't quite put your finger on what it is, but it's impacting your health, self-esteem, self-confidence, and the lives of your children. It may well be ambient abuse.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS EPISODE:
- What is meant by "ambient abuse"
- Why it's so difficult to recognize ambient abuse
- How both covert narcissists and overt narcissists use ambient abuse
- Crazy-making aspects of emotional abuse, ambient abuse
- 10 clear ways to recognize ambient abuse
- Once you see it, you can track it...and recognize how real it is
- Empowering changes you can make to take back your power in the face of abuse
Good people--people with empathy and good hearts--are most likely to be preyed on my emotional vampires, emotional terrorists. Those are other names for #Hijackals. Of course, Hijackals® is my term for the relentlessly difficult, toxic people who hijack relationships for their own purposes, and scavenge them for power, status, and control. Unless you are a mental health professional, you cannot diagnose someone with a personality disorder. But, you sure can talk about the patterns, traits, cycles, and behaviors of Hijackals, right?
Learn these ten ways to recognize ambient abuse, and take note of it. It's real. It's happening. And, if it's happening at your house, you want to see it clearly, and make good decisions as to what your next best steps are. Start with the ideas in this episode!
Want to talk with me? New clients can use this one-time, one-hour offer at BeAClient.com