Wrestling Rhinos: Conquering Conflict in the Wilds of Work
“This book is needed in every business library. Rhoberta Shaler has distilled for you a wealth of specific recommendations to take the anxiety and intimidation out of your workdays. Conflict will always exist but those who can manage it well become masters of it, not victims.”
– Jim Cathcart, Author of ‘Relationship Selling’ & ‘The Acorn Principle™’
Dr. Shaler’s latest book – in its 2nd edition & printing – is now available!
CONFLICT happens.It needs to be dealt with effectively.
- Do you head for the elevator when conflict erupts?
- Do you wish you knew how to tell your boss you’re not
happy (without getting fired)?
- Would you rather stay home and lose pay than face that rhino
in the next cubicle one more day?
Put these practical, easy-to-learn skills and strategies to work for you right away to:
- Communicate clearly.
- Increase understanding.
- Manage conflict confidently.
- Reduce friction and tension.
- Handle issues effectively.
- Negotiate successfully.
- Manage anger productively.
- Strengthen relationships.
- Build trust.
Is there someone in your office who wants to:
- take all the credit?
- control the resources?
- keep you on edge?
- threaten for no reason?
- knock your ideas?
- snort & stomp just for the sake of it?
These are “rhino” traits.
Dr. Shaler’s entertaining and easy to read style presents the “tough
stuff” in everyday contexts, offering effective insights, skills
and strategies to handle the kinds of conflict that we all face, at work
and at home.
Buy Wrestling Rhinos – click here
Looking for a bulk purchase? Call us. Discounts are available for orders of 20 copies or more. 760.593.4604
Breathe easier. Enjoy going to work again!
You can improve your skills in:
- conflict management
- anger management
We can’t guarantee this 300-page book will get rid of any grey hair you’ve grown so far, but what you learn from it may keep you from getting more!
Learning to deal effectively with conflict – over and covert – is a key ingredient in operating a successful, prosperous and productive organization.
Conflict comes in many forms, and is the most often “not-talked-about” issue in a large majority of offices.
It is ALSO one of the largest contributors to turnover, customer dissatisfaction, employee absences/illness, and poor performance.
Can you afford to let conflict – something that can be solved with the right skills – continue to impact your bottom line?
Dr. Shaler has trained 1000’s of people across North America, and abroad,
in how to get along. Teaching people to “play nicely together in the corporate
sandbox” comes easily to this warm, entertaining, approachable and highly
experienced speaker and trainer.
You can learn more about Dr. Shaler’s work and the programs & products she offers by visiting her corporate site: www.OptimizeInstitute.com
Call today – 760.593.4604
Take your rhinos by the horns and CONQUER YOUR CONFLICT.Here’s what you’ll find inside the book:
- WHY RHINOS?
- IS THERE A RHINO IN YOUR OFFICE?
- LIKE A RHINOCEROS
RHINO WRESTLING: “PEOPLE SKILLS” TO SHARPEN YOUR COMPETITIVE EDGE
- USE PEOPLE SKILLS TO SHARPEN YOUR COMPETITIVE EDGE
- ARE YOU PUTTING YOUR BEST FOOT FORWARD?
- WHAT’S YOUR BASIC M.O.? PASSIVE, AGGRESSIVE OR
- ARE YOU A ‘VALUE?ADDED’ EMPLOYEE?
- WHY CAN’T THEY BE MORE LIKE ME?
- COMPETITION IS BEST KEPT TO YOURSELF!
- APPRECIATION IS NEVER WASTED
RHINO RANTS: COMMUNICATION SKILLS TO SAY WHAT YOU MEAN AND BE HEARD
- CAN WE TALK?
- SPEAK UP!
- SAY WHAT YOU MEAN
- TELLING THE TOUGH TRUTH
- ARE YOU BEING HEARD?
- IF YOU WANT THEM TO HEAR YOU, SPEAK THEIR LANGUAGE!
- WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING FOR?
- NEWS FLASH! MEN & WOMEN COMMUNICATE DIFFERENTLY
- PUT IT IN WRITING!
- I DIDN’T KNOW THE PHONE WAS LOADED!
- DON’T MAKE EXCUSES: MAKE THINGS HAPPEN!
RHINO RAMPAGES: MANAGING CONFLICT WITHOUT LOSING CO-WORKERS, CLIENTS OR SLEEP
- UNRESOLVED CONFLICT IS ORGANIZATIONAL BLOODLETTING
- ARE YOU USING THESE THREE WAYS TO MISMANAGE CONFLICT?
- IS A NUDGE IS MORE EFFECTIVE THAN A SHOVE?
- GOOD BOUNDARIES MAKE GOOD NEIGHBORS
- DRAW THE LINE IN THE SAND IN INK
- PRIOR TO ‘CLEARING THE AIR’
- WRESTLING RHINOS: DEALING WITH DIFFICULT PEOPLE
- RULES OF ENGAGEMENT FOR DIFFICULT CONVERSATIONS
RHINO RAGE: MANAGING ANGER – YOURS & THEIRS
- SMOOTHING RUFFLED FEATHERS
- WHAT DO YOU MEAN ‘I’M ANGRY’?
- ANGER IS HEALTHY
- WHEN YOU SEE RED
- SO YOU CAN’T STAND THE PERSON IN THE NEXT OFFICE?
- I JUST DON’T KNOW WHY HE GETS UNDER MY SKIN!
- MALPRACTICE OF THE MOUTH
- ZIP IT!!
- WHAT TO DO FIRST WHEN FEAR HITS YOUR WORKPLACE
- BACKSTABBERS LOSE
RHINO WRANGLING: NEGOTIATING SKILLS THAT GET YOU WHAT YOU WANT
- NEGOTIATING IS THE WAY OF LIFE
- ASSERTING YOURSELF UNDER PRESSURE
- FAILURE TO NEGOTIATE IS A SURE NO-WIN
- GET INTO THE HABIT OF ASKING FOR WHAT YOU WANT
- KNOW WHEN TO HOLD AND WHEN TO FOLD
- STEPS TO EFFECTIVE NEGOTIATION
RULES, REMNANTS & RUMINATIONS: UNCOMMON COMMON SENSE FOR WORKING WELL TOGETHER
- HOW TO OVERTHROW OVERWHELM
- PREVENTING BURNOUT
- ANY UNFINISHED BUSINESS?
- MOUNTAIN CLIMBING OVER MOLEHILLS
- MATURITY OR JUST LONGEVITY?
- YOUR JOB: WHEN YOU DON’T LOVE
IT, BUT CANNOT LEAVE IT
- WHEN IN DOUBT, MOVE ON OUT!
- WHEN THE WATERING HOLE SHRINKS